To develop future leaders in our community that will utilize their talents and passions to make a positive impact in the Manistee area. The forum will identify, invest, and enhance the skills of the participants while building lasting relationships in the community.
What is the Leadership Program?
It is a nine-month program where participants will explore and engage key skills, meet current community leaders, and showcase many important areas of our local community. Prospective leaders will acquire knowledge of the strengths, trends, and issues within Manistee County with the goal of the participants becoming leaders in identifying ways of affecting change.
At the end of the program, the leadership cohort will create and fulfill a “Big Day of Serving” community service project. This project enables the leaders to put their skills to the test and work through a service project. The comradery will build positive lessons and relationships that will hopefully benefit the community in the future.
- Learn about the strengths, challenges, and opportunities in Manistee County. Find ways to put your skills and passions to work for greater community improvement.
- Acquire a larger network of contacts and resources by meeting with current leaders. Learn from their wisdom, experience, and vision.
- Expand your personal development either enhance current skills or gain new to become prepared for community leadership roles.
- Collaborate with other local professionals throughout the program and build long-lasting relationships.
- Become a future community leader who can anticipate change and act decisively
- Apply knowledge gained immediately to maximize contributions at current employers and organizations.