COVID-19 Information & Re-Opening Resources
Your Chamber of Commerce is continually tracking developments and information during the COVID-19 pandemic to assist our business members and ultimately our community. Below please find some tools to help you plan to not only revive your business but to thrive moving forward. Thinking through the site-specific elements of your operation will get you open again and can help you adjust your business plans to succeed in these uncertain times. Here are some of the areas you may consider as you plan to re-open and for the months ahead:
Guidance and Executive Orders:
- Executive Order 2020-92 (Reopening Retail, Restaurants)
- Executive Order 2020-91 (Reopening Safeguards and Requirements)
- Executive Order 2020-91 Reformatted Easy to read with highlighted details important for all businesses.
- Media Release reopening Northern Michigan for restaurants, retail, and offices
Required Preparedness Plans and Resources: (Due by June 1 or two weeks after opening)
- District Health Department #10 Public Health Guidance to Re-Open
- Preparedness Plan Templates- Preparedness plan templates follow the OSHA Guidance for Preparing Workplaces (below), where employers should determine health risks to employees (medium, high, etc.):
- Manufacturing Preparedness Plan: Lear Corporation (Excellent Resource!)
- Return to Workplace Playbook: Dow Chemical
- OSHA Guidance for Preparing Workplaces
- US Chamber of Commerce Reopening Business Digital Resource Center
- FAQ's on Potential Human Resource Issues Related to COVID-19. Small Business Association
- The Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) has created guidance documents and a hotline for employers and employees. If you have questions, you may call 855-723-3219 to answer guideline questions and protect your workers, business, and customers.
Public Health, Healthy Employees & Workplace Resources:
- Michigan COVID-19 Page
- University of Michigan Surveys of Consumers (Consumer confidence research)
- District Health Department #10 Managing COVID-19 in the Workplace
- Lear Corporation Safe Work Playbook (page 34)
- Food Industry: FDA Best Practices
- USEPA Disinfectants List
- Michigan Restaurant and Lodging Re-opening guide
- Michigan Food Safety Checklists
BUSINESS GRANTS, LOANS, UNEMPLOYMENT:
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans - Guide and the Application
- Paycheck Protection Program - Guide and the Application
- Employee Relief Tax Credit Program - Guide
- Unemployment Insurance Agency
- Apply for Unemployment Benefits. Click Here - Keep in mind, it’s best to apply online during non-peak hours, between 8:00 p.m.to 8:00 a.m. The 24-hour website operates faster when fewer people are on the site.
- The Unemployment Insurance Agency has a series of how-to videos to help navigate the unemployment system and assist you with filing a claim.
View the full playlist of videos for employees here
U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Fact Sheet & Information. Click Here
- COVID-19 Business Took Kit which includes General Business Resources, Financial Relief & Unemployment Benefits Information. Michigan Chamber of Commerce
OTHER RESOURCES FROM LOCAL, REGIONAL, AND STATE PARTNERS:
- CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL & PREVENTION (CDC)
- MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
- DISTRICT HEALTH DEPARTMENT #10
- MUNSON HEALTHCARE - MUNSON NURSE HOTLINE 231-935-0951 - press 5 to reach a nurse from 7 am - 7 pm ***
- UPDATE FOR FIRST DISTRICT VETERANS - Specific Resources and Information for Veterans
- 211 - Can help navigate local offerings for essential services.
Resources for Michigan Businesses during COVID-19. Click Here
State Provides Guidance to Employers Contemplating Potential Layoffs. Click Here
- Community Response Fund for Manistee County - A Community Response Fund has been established by the Manistee County Community Foundation in partnership with United Way of Manistee County and the Manistee County Human Services Collaborative Body. The collaborative partners encourage area organizations on the front lines of serving those most impacted by COVID-19 to apply for a grant from the CRF by clicking the APPLY button below. Applications are being accepted immediately, on a rolling basis, and will remain open as long as is deemed appropriate. Apply Here
BEST PRACTICES FOR RETAIL FOOD STORES, RESTAURANTS, AND FOOD PICK UP/DELIVERY SERVICES DURING COVID-19:
To print these documents click on the photos and download.