Meet New Customers!
For most businesses, one of the biggest challenges is meeting the people who could become your best customer. Your Chamber makes that easy by providing networking events throughout the year. The Manistee Area Chamber of Commerce holds events like the Annual Meeting & Business Awards Dinner, Business After Hours and the Chamber Summer Blast Off Golf Outing to give members the opportunity to create new relationships and build their networks.
An event like Business After Hours is the perfect opportunity to meet potential customers, clients and colleagues in a relaxed, social setting.
- Provide business cards.
- Discover what you can do for someone else. Networking is about creating relationships, not making the sale. You'll find it actually takes the pressure off.
- The name tag is worn on the right side. This is to provide an easy sight-line to your name when shaking hands.
- Review your "thirty second commercial"—a brief statement that summarizes what you do and the benefits you offer clients.
- Remember to circulate. Try to meet at least seven new people at each event.
TOP 5 NETWORKING QUESTIONS
Ask questions. This is a good way to discover what you can do for someone else. Ask a few questions to find out a person's passion and before you know it, you've started a conversation.
- What do you do?
- How long have you done it?
- What do you enjoy most about what you do?
- What types of individuals or companies do you typically work with?
- Have you been to any other Chamber events lately?
DATE: March 9, 2017
TIME: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
LOCATION: Portage Point Inn
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR(S)Blarney Castle Oil & Propane
Portage Point Inn
West Shore Medical Center
I enjoy being a Chamber Ambassador because it allows me to meet new and interesting people in a business environment. As a young professional, it is very important to me to have the opportunity to expand my professional circle.
COPYRIGHT 2017: MANISTEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - MANISTEE, MI